Monday, April 27, 2009

Its been a heck of a week.

Hey to everyone out there. The last week and a half have been a little rough on this end. Last Friday evening, Saturday morning I came down with a pretty nasty stomach virus. It left me pretty much out of commission till about Thursday evening.

I suppose in some ways I'm still like a kid when I get sick, and I'll kind of latch onto one or two things and watch them over and over again until I'm feeling better. This time it was Dr Horrible's Sing-Along blog. I saw it when it first came out and I've been a huge huge fan of it since then. If you haven't seen it definitely check it out, I mean it stars NPH, you know it has to be good. There are some rumors that they're working on either a sequel or a movie and I hope those rumors are true.

Friday was awesome, got to head into NYC and spend some time with two really good friends of mine. We spent a few hours in the MET (Metropolitan Museum of Art) which was amazing. The Egyptian section most of all kind of blew me away. We found this small little room with all these small treasures that had been buried with people. There was a display of necklaces and they looked like necklaces people still have today. There were also these paintbrushes that looked strikingly like paintbrushes of today. There were just so many little trinkets and other things that reminded me of things today. Don't even get me started on the small rope that was on display. Kind of made me wonder how much has the human condition really changed in the last few thousand years.

Saturday things were not as awesome. I ended up not feeling to well again, and ended up in the ER. I've ended up there for similar reasons in the past. It feels like my stomach is going to pop, its a weird sensation. Its not so much how painful it is but the fact that it just doesn't go away. In the past they just gave me painkillers and a de-gaser. This time though they did some tests along with it and finally figured it out. It turned out to be enteritis, though of the non-infectious type. Which luckily for me means that it wasn't caused by any virus or anything, though that means it could have been caused by any one of like a million other things.

Thankfully I'm doing much better today and not so much out of commission as I was last week. I have like two or three ideas for new shots. I just have to decide what order I want to tackle them in. I think I'm going to do another dialog shot and then do a pantomime. I'd like to ask everyone out there to send some good vibes my way. Before I got sick I sent out a couple applications to some internships, and such out west. I'm not expecting anything but I'm hoping. I really want to move out to California right, though I kind of need a job first for that to happen. So here's hoping!

Oh I'm peer buddying again at Animation Mentor. This term I have the advance acting class, which is nice. Its kind of a win win, I get to crit and help up others and by doing so I continue to learn more and improve my own eye.

Well that's mostly everything I've been up to I think. I need to start fleshing out my ideas and doing some planning to start these new shots. I just have to keep critiquing, animating, and getting critiques. Its the only way to keep learning and keep getting better.

I hope everyone out there in blogger land is doing well and I'll hopefully have some work to show you guys soon.

Cheers.

No comments: