Saturday, January 24, 2009

New Shot time!

So after struggling with my 2 character shot for a bit, I've decided to just move onto a new shot. I've learned a metric ton since I did my two character, and I found myself just wanted to completely delete huge chunks and re-do them. I figured let's just go to a clean slate.

I spent a good chunk of yesterday searching for clips, and came across one that just cause a bucket load of ideas to spring forth. I sketched out all of those ideas and took the 3 best ones and did kind of rough storyboards for them.



I can go 1 of 2 ways with this, I can go serious and make the character menacing and evil, or I can go funny with it and make the character over the top. Ideas 1 and 2 are going for the evil, menacing character, number 3 is going for the over the top funny one. So far number 1 and 3 have the most votes. I kind of personally like 2 just because it would be quite a bit of subtle acting which is what's hardest for me.

Though everyone feels idea 1 shows the best acting, and has the most opportunity to really make this guy menacing and evil. So I may go that way with it. If anyone out there in blogger land has any thoughts on it feel free to share!

I'm really excited about this shot. I also have a nice group of friends that are all starting new shots and we're going to push each other, and stay on top of each other to make sure everyone finishes their new shot.

I have a big dinner for my Aikido Dojo tonight, but once I get back from that it'll be time to make a decision on this and then start layout!

No comments: