Sunday, February 24, 2008

Hellloooooo

Hello out there in interweb land.

So its been a long trying month. In trying to keep up with my thesis and my assignments at AM I've given up sleeping much, and I think its finally taking a bit of a toll on me. For the last week or so every day around noonish I get a killer headache and neck ache. I need to come up with something in the next week or two to do that I can blow off some frustration and keep myself from burning out too soon.

I have definitely hit that stage of worry, not for getting my thesis done, but for finding a job. When I got out of undergrad I was lucky to land an internship at a local studio that was doing a direct to video series. Unfortunately for me the studio a few months later cut down its animation crew. For years it was a struggle trying to find some thing and my biggest fear right now is having the same thing happen.

I feel like I know so much more this time around though. I've grown as an animator in giant leaps and bounds, mostly thanks to the amazing curriculum and community at Animation Mentor. I'm just afraid that I'm still not where I need to be. Here's hoping though that this time around things are different.

I'm gonna go grab my ipod listen to either the spline doctors or the animation podcast and hopefully catch some sleep tonight.

No comments: